Clinker Storage Feeders
|Industry:||Quarry / Mineral Processing|
|Drive Type:||Sub Resonant|
|Support Type||Steel Coil Spring|
|Trough Construction||Mild Steel|
|Cover Type||Quick Release|
|Motor Quantity||1||Support Location||Bottom|
A storage withdrawal system was required at a clinker processing facility. The process needed:
- Two vibratory feeders to take material from an overhead silo and discharge onto a belt conveyor.
- A manually operated needle gate which would control when the material needs to be fed.
- Fine feed rate control.
- Complete sealing to eliminate dust.
- Bolted wear liners to protect from abrasive material.
- Compact drive and trough yet a capacity of 80tph.
Due to the feed rate control requirement a sub resonant drive system was chosen for this application. This added complexity as there was minimal space to fit a counter mass and drive springs.
A manually operated needle gate was designed and fabricated to allow a complete stoppage of material flow if required. The needles helped the operator close the gate compared to a standard design.
The inlet of the feeder is sealed completely with a rubber gasket. The discharge has a rubber curtain installed so that dust pollution is minimised.
Bisalloy wear liners have been installed on all material contact surfaces.