A storage withdrawal system was required at a clinker processing facility. The process needed:
- Two vibratory feeders to take material from an overhead silo and discharge onto a belt conveyor.
- A manually operated needle gate which would control when the material needs to be fed.
- Fine feed rate control.
- Complete sealing to eliminate dust.
- Bolted wear liners to protect from abrasive material.
- Compact drive and trough yet a capacity of 80tph.
Due to the feed rate control requirement a sub resonant drive system was chosen for this application. This added complexity as there was minimal space to fit a counter mass and drive springs.
A manually operated needle gate was designed and fabricated to allow a complete stoppage of material flow if required. The needles helped the operator close the gate compared to a standard design.
The inlet of the feeder is sealed completely with a rubber gasket. The discharge has a rubber curtain installed so that dust pollution is minimised.
Bisalloy wear liners have been installed on all material contact surfaces.
|Industry||Quarry / Mineral Processing|
|Equipment Type||Vibrating Feeder|
|Support||Steel Coil Spring|